Each time you visit us, you should bring your Ontario Health Card. You may also wish to bring the following items, particularly if you will be staying overnight or longer.
- Emergency contact numbers
- Address book with contacts
- Your Ontario Health Card
- Details of any additional health coverage or insurance policies
- For workplace sustained injuries, please bring your Social Insurance Card and WSIB claim number.
- Power of Attorney for Personal Care information
- Non-slip footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal care items such as shampoo, deodorant, lotion and soap
- Reading material
Please Do Not Bring
- Decorative items from home, as these can prevent our staff from thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting the surfaces in your room.
- Fragrances or fragrant flowers, as many of our patients and staff have sensitivities.
- Latex balloons (the most common type of balloon) or anything else made of latex. Many of our patients and staff are allergic to latex. You can find hospital-friendly gifts in our hospital gift shops.