About the Student Volunteer Program
Our student volunteer program is for those who are 15 years or older and enrolled in high school, college or university. As a Lakeridge Health volunteer you'll gain exposure to different hospital programs and professions, develop your leadership abilities and meet new friends - all while making a difference.
Student Application Deadlines
Are you interested in a volunteer role with Lakeridge Health? To get started, please send us your completed application form and two references. Our summer and school-year opportunities are very popular, and we will do our best to match your skills, interests and schedule with our opportunities.
Lakeridge Health Oshawa
- Our summer program will accept applications beginning February 2017. Your completed Student Application, immunization record and two references must be submitted by May 5, 2017.
- The Oshawa site school-year program will accept applications until Aug. 7, 2016.
- Students who volunteered the year prior will receive returning student packages via email.
Lakeridge Health Bowmanville
Lakeridge Health Whitby
If you require help to complete your application form, please contact the volunteer resources team via email or by phone at 905.623.3331 ext. 1288.
- Hard copy application form to print and bring in (PDF)
- Online application form to submit electronically (coming soon)
- Pleae note: we review all applications but due to the volume, we only contact those selected to move forward in our screening process. We do keep application packages on file for six months.
Our Screening Process - What to Expect
Because we are so committed to safety and quality, we ask all of our volunteers to complete a screening process before joining us. This includes:
- Completing the volunteer application form in full (includes two references and health screening information). Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we only contact those selected to move forward in our screening process. We keep application packages on file for six months.
- Attending a two-hour orientation session to learn more about volunteering with Lakeridge Health.
- Once invited and confirmed to attend an orientation session, you must start your TB testing at one of our Occupational Health offices. At your confirmation of attendance for orientation, contact information will be shared with you for the hospital of your choice. This testing is provided free of charge by Occupational Health. Please Note: This is a process that requires four (4) quick trips into the hospital. A form will be given to you at the completion of these tests, which you must return to the Volunteer Resources office.
- We will schedule an in-person interview so we can learn more about you and find a good match between our openings and your skills and preferences.
- Providing a Police Criminal Records Check (applies to adult candidates only).
You can reach the Volunteer Resources office at 905-623-3331 ext. 1288. You can also find answers to many common questions in our volunteer FAQ. Or check out our student volunteer page on Facebook.